Goody's Ultimate Guide to Dumpster Sizes
Or how to save money picking the right size for your project
Typical Dumpster Sizes and Dimensions
15-yard dumpster 8 ft wide, 14 ft long, and 5ft tall.
20-yard dumpster 8 ft wide, 16 ft long, and 5ft tall.
30-yard dumpster 8 ft wide, 24 ft long, and 8ft tall.
40-yard dumpster 22 ft. long by 8 ft. wide by 8 ft. high
Sizing is everything when you rent a dumpster, get one that's too small for the project, and you end up paying for another one to haul off the rest of your debris. Rent a HUGH dumpster that's way too big for the job, and you spend too much, but we are here to help, call us and we are always ready to assist you in getting the right dumpster size for your project. Here on our Ultimate Guide to Dumpster Sizes and Sizing we offer several rules of thumb to help.
* All the dimensions shown are typical and meant to be representations only, the correct proportions of a particular dumpster may vary, although the volume of a dumpster, such as 20-yard, is entirely accurate because that's a calculation of the volume of debris the container will hold.
Another way to understand just what each container size will hold is by how many standard pickup loads would fit in a Dumpster.
For a 15-yard Roll Off Dumpster it would take six (6) pickup loads to fill it one time.
For a 20-yard Roll Off Dumpster it would take eight (8) pickup loads to fill it one time.
For a 30-yard Roll Off Dumpster it would take twelve (12) pickup loads to fill it one time.
For a 40-yard Roll Off Dumpster it would take sixteen (16) pickup loads to fill it one time.
Please be aware that wih all dumpster rentals the following applies;
Prohibited Items, No Exceptions:
- Dumpster Sizes and dimensions shown are estimates and not exact measurements. Dumpster Sizes will vary between manufactures.
- Saturday Services (No Extra Charge)
- Next day Delivery on ALL Boxes
- All Dumpster Rentals are subject to availability.
- 15yd, 20yd Roll-Off Dumpsters Available
- No Delivery Charges
- No Pick Up Charges
- Dumpster Graphics are NOT TO SCALE and Dumpsters/Containers pictured in the photos are NOT the Dumpsters/Containers delivered.
- Outside (470) add $20.00
- There will be a fee of $50.00 per ton for each ton over the weight limit.
- No HAZARDOUS WASTE
- No Dirt or Concrete
- No Freon. This includes fridges, freezers, and Air conditioners
- No Paint
- No Asbestos or PCB’s
- No Equipment with gas or oil
- No Biohazard / Medical Waste
- No TIRES !!! Due to EPA/WASTE restrictions we no longer accept tires. You will be charged $25.00 per tire for each and every tire found in your container.